Mic Gunderson returns to present at the 4th Annual EMS Leadership Summit.
Mic Gunderson has been in EMS for over 45 years in various leadership, managerial, clinical and academic roles. He serves as President of the Center for Systems Improvement & the Chief Strategy Officer for the Cambridge Consulting Group. Mic was appointed by NEMSMA to serve as Editor-In-Chief of the International Journal of Paramedicine which launched in October of 2022. Previous positions include National Director of Clinical Systems for the American Heart Association, and Executive Director of the Kent County (MI) EMS System.
Mic Gunderson shares his approach for EMS organizations to tackle the challenge of establishing an effective, timely and professionally uplifting quality management program. An added benefit is improved recruitment and retention through deep engagement of field staff that can help your agency become a ‘destination employer.’
This novel strategy uses specialized teams and professional development initiatives to engage more of the workforce, creating a safe environment for learning and development.
Get Lifetime Access to All 30+ High Impact Sessions
With speakers from leaders across the prehospital space, the EMS Leadership Summit valuable, actionable content will move your leadership & organization to the cutting edge!
Mic Gunderson’ topic centers around improving EMS systems' quality which also leads to increase engagement and retain field staff. This strategy emphasizes the importance of engagement and supporting their professional development.
The establishment of clinical specialty teams assigned to areas such as trauma, resuscitation, and pediatrics and provide opportunities for experiential learning in data analysis and management.
- Engaging Field Staff to Improve Quality in EMS (00:00 - 07:47)
- Creating Opportunities For EMS Professionals To Shape Clinical Practice (07:47 - 14:36)
- Major in Paramedic Education Programs (14:36 - 21:18)
- Creating a Ladder for Professional Development in Healthcare (21:18 - 27:42)
- Building a Brand as a Clinician: Recruitment, Retention, and Engagement in EMS (27:42 - 34:31)
- The Art and Science of Professional Paramedic Development (34:31 - 40:53)
- Encouraging Professional Growth Through Improvement Projects and Clinical Teams (40:53 - 47:08)
- Exploring the Potential for Quality Improvement for EMS Management (47:09 - 50:57)