In our line of work, we see it every day.
We know time is limited, but do we live consistent with that fact?
Ask yourself: Is your life (or your organization) the most ideal you had imagined, or are you living by default?
Life by default? Wait, whaaat?
If you don't take different actions, your future will likely look similar to how it looks now. That's life by default. That's an organization designed by default.
Life is full of choices, of distraction, full of endless diverging roads -- as Robert Frost has said.
What the default future life looks like is approaching those diverging roads in the woods, one after the next, after the next until you find yourself SO FAR away from your ideal future. And it's not your fault. That is the default -- it's the conversation and planning process we were all born into.
- We propose imagining your ideal future (do it, close your eyes, stand in it), if anything were possible:
What would that future look like? Look around your future self, who would you be surrounded by? What would you be doing in THAT moment?
- Tie a long rope around that moment in your ideal future.
- Then look back one week, what would you have done to get there?
Then look back one more month, what would you have done to get there?
Then look back one year, what would you have done differently to get there?
- As you venture back in time from that ideal future moment, you unravel that bag of rope.
- You do this until you're standing in the current reality -- reading this email now and turn around to look towards that future moment.
You now have a life-line, a rope in your hands, that will guide you into your ideal future.
When faced with a choice, you won't have to guess what diverging path to take, you'll follow the rope you left.
This is ONE powerful strategy we teach in our Leadership II curriculum.
We help leaders overcome the overwhelm and imagine their ideal future based on their strengths -- not on their weaknesses.
Join our 1 hour training: www.emsleadershipacademy.com/training
If you're ready to dive deeper, to discover your ideal future-self, experience our leadership curriculum.
EMS Leadership LIVE open to all services and levels of providers